Saturday, April 14, 2007

Observations

Cryptic: Sometimes even I don't catch on to the obvious. Although, to be fair, it wasn't obvious to anyone else either. Nice job, clever beetle. :)

Confused: I received 432 hits to my site on Friday. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I poured through my keywords, through the 7 pages of visitor activity, and I just don't see a common theme. How is it that I only received about 10 comments yesterday if 432 people visited my site? STOP LURKING, EVERYONE! I LIKE YOU. :)

Calls: New Jersey, Idaho, and Georgia call us a lot. Oddly, we know no one in those states. Stop calling? Or leave a message. Seems simple...

Cacophony: It is easier for me to do my work if I am listening to or watching things. Today I have listened to the morning purchase of Don't You Fake It by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, watched two episodes of Veronica Mars season 2 (OMFG, WTF IS GOING ON?!??! SO RAWKS! MY EYES BUGGED OUTTA MY HEAD FOR THE BUS SCENE AMONG OTHER THINGS), and I stupidly watched two videos (whose content I shall never. speak. of. because it's waaaaaaay too disturbing) which are posted on a blog I reference way too much (Mel and Molly, have you watched the videos? gak.) In the process of watching and listening I have managed to edit all the articles for the newsletter I am to publish, although I have yet to write the final article I have charged myself with writing. And it's the one that should be the easiest but it's the one that's giving me the most grief. Perhaps I should pull out one of my favorite movies from the movie cabinet and try that for noise?

Convenience: Where a sandwich shop used to be inside our local gas station is now under construction but soon to become walk-in cooler space. Hay wondered aloud what would go there. I bet him it would be a liquor store because there was only one door so far and it looked like an actual door to walk through. When I bought breakfast drinks I asked the clerk if the area under construction was going to be a liquor store over in the corner and she said yes. But then she realized she didn't mean yes, she meant no, it will be for beer. Just beer. Funny thing is that there is already an entire wall of coolers dedicated to beer. Soooo, now there will be a walk-in cooler of beer plus an entire wall of beer? That's a lot of beer for a town that is in the middle of vitalization but isn't there yet. If they want to sell my favorite Belgian beers I will gladly shop there for more than just Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks mocha frappuccino drinks.

Cats: When I sit in my office Georgie sits underneath my chair, Ripley sits on my papers, and Allie sits on the couch behind me. When I sit downstairs they all pretty much completely ignore me. I should be in my office more often.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. My eyes! My eyes! I'm not sure which I find more disturbing, that Avi posted it or that I'm emailing the link to my sister.

Poppy said...

I wouldn't normally say these things, but: LOLROFLLMAO!!! SO much better than a kick to the groin! I hope you TOTALLY didn't warn her about what you were sending!!!!! I poked my eyes out with sticks but I needed them back to work.

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

My first visit...my first comment. I am NOT a lurker :D

Poppy said...

OMG, Geeky Tai-Tai! I am so honored by your presence! Welcome! :)

Stefanie said...

You can write while watching stuff? I can't concentrate if my attention is divided like that. As for working eight hours on a Saturday... wow. I'm sorry. Unless you truly, really love your work, of course, in which case, glad you enjoyed yourself. ;-)