Sunday, April 22, 2007

More NASA drama

Clearly I'm not in touch with the world unless I read Jen's blog because I had no idea this happened:
Performance review may have sparked NASA shooting



HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) -- Police said Saturday that a bad performance review may have led a NASA contractor to fatally shoot his supervisor and take another employee hostage before killing himself.

Houston Police Chief Harold Hurtt said Saturday an e-mail critical of an employee's work set Friday's events in motion at Johnson Space Center in Houston.

The gunman, a career NASA civil servant identified as Bill Phillips, received an e-mail from NASA employee and supervisor David Beverly last month. The e-mail detailed Phillips' "job deficiencies" and outlined a plan for improvement. (more at CNN)

I would like to counsel anyone who owns a gun and who has a bad performance review that the act of bringing your gun to work to solve this problem is never going to end in your favor. Just saying.

3 comments:

Tug said...

Isn't that just pathetic? And smuggling a gun into NASA - wow.

damn good thing I don't own a gun.. ;-)

JOKING!!

Jen said...

I am sure there will be lots of changes in security at work now. I guess they will have to give everyone good performance reviews from now on as well :P

Poppy said...

Tug - No smuggling guns into the job you hate. It won't work. You won't get closer to the family from jail. :) And here's ANOTHER comment I never received in email. :(

Jen - I bet security will be tight now! You should blog about it, but without details.