Sunday, April 01, 2007

I can't take it anymore!!!!

Do you know how HARD it has been to NOT switch my blog back ALL day?! Despite all the emails from people crying that they missed my real blog?!

So, if you missed the joke you can see it here.

Thanks so much to Avi for playing along and hosting the css file I totally ripped from a particular blog I found by doing a search for American blog templates so that the look and feel made sense for the joke. PSYCHO LADY, but without her blog I wouldn't have been able to make the spoof so perfect. (I won't be linking to her. Nope, no no no no no.)

How many of you got your brains eaten? Did you notice that anything you clicked on except Leave a reply and the Gabbly Chat ate your brain? Yah, I rawk like that. :)

Ugh. I don't think I'm doing any more April Fool's pranks to this extent ever again. Seriously, the panicked emails made me want to cry, like y'all were trapped in a burning building and I was watching you from the sidelines even though I had the only firehose. ... Yah. Welcome back to the real blog. Thanks for not dumping my blog from your readership because of my joke.

And, thanks to all the random people who visited who didn't email me nasty emails. I don't know who you are because I was smaht and forgot to add my statcounter into the joke blog and then when I got up this morning I decided to just leave it because the count wouldn't be accurate anyway, so for all of today it looks like I've had only 1 visitor rather than a couple to a few hundred. :) Ooooops.


6 comments:

Stefanie said...

I got my brain eaten. Strangely, I don't feel all that different...
;-)

Maman said...

I have children, my brain were eaten (or rotted) long ago! I love a good Avril Poissons joke.. and am hoping my neighbors are playing one on me... and not, um, stalking me.

Spencer said...

Haha, very funny. I did NOT have my brain eaten; I learned the first time and saw in the Firefox status bat that it was the link to brain consumption. :P Good joke, by the way, Poppy!

Avitable said...

Very clever! I'd like my brains back, please.

Poppy said...

Stef - *giggle*

Maman - I hope it's just a joke, too. Yikes!

Spéncèr - You need to live life and click on dangerous things!

Nabs - :) I am so glad you thought it got hijacked rather than actually believing I went to the dark side. :)

Avi - Sorry, no givebacks, only takesies.

sourpuss said...

I was smart like Spence and figgered it out purdy darn quick.