Monday, April 02, 2007

dark alleys

I'm apparently a very good yeller, a very good kicker, a very good defensive puncher, and seriously fantastic at kneeing in the groin. And it's only week 2. Hmm. I will be lethal by the end.

Despite being told that our sessions would be male-free until the last class there was a severely hot off-duty police officer there tonight. His arms are bigger than my thighs. His southern drawl buttery smooth. His eyes bluer than (okay, they're really blue). And when he yells "NO" I just want to give him a big hug and tell him it's okay. He was the only other left-handed person in the room so he spent a fair amount of time showing me how to do all of the moves left-handed. I did not complain.

During the very end of our session we were practicing defensive hand gestures with the instructor. When it was my turn to go up I was actually kinda spacing off because I was a bit tired. She yelled "DEFENSIVE" and I got into my stance. But then I forgot what my objective was and I realized just in time that I was actually ready to throw a punch just as she was about to say "READY" so I pulled out of defensive mode, explained that I needed a redo because I was about to punch her, and everyone laughed except of course the instructor who thanked me for realizing ahead of time what I was going to do to her and stopping it from happening. Oops. :) Got a little overenthusiastic.

I can't believe how awesome my back feels! Apparently self defense is really good for it!! (YAR! :)

6 comments:

Tug said...

You have ALL the luck! You're married (or why else would you turn down a proposal from a totally hetro female? ;-) ) AND the cute cop? Geez...pass some karma baby, pass it on over.

Avitable said...

You should have punched her. That would have been amusing.

Yar!

That also explains where you were!

Mel said...

You are a rockstar. Kickin' ass and takin names. Plus a hottie cop.

YAR! ;)

Poppy said...

Tug - I can't help that cute cops keep cropping up in my life. I will GLADLY share with you. He's super young, so I think he's just your type. ;)

Avi - I would have died from embarrassment if I punched her. And sorry I was MIA. :)

Mel - I really wish you and I were doing this class together. I would love to see you kickin' ass and takin' names with the hottie cop in the room. :) I actually wouldn't do the drills with the instructor until he left the room. Not sure what my reasoning was on that. Maybe I didn't want him to see my badass face. When I came home my face was all red and Hay asked me why. I considered telling him it was because I was making out with a hottie cop, but I thought better of it. ;)

Mel said...

Poppy - now THAT would be fun... kickin some ass together. But I'd get to make out with hottie cop after you were done with him. Ya heard me, I don't mind your sloppy seconds!! YAR!

Actually, next time you have to tell Hay you made out with hottie cop, if only for good blogging material :)

I can't frakkin' wait until we meet in July!! :)

... said...

That sounds so cool!!! Good thing you didn't punch her though.