Monday, April 09, 2007

Kelly Ripa's outie now an innie

I'm Not Obsessed posted a story about Shape magazine airbrushing Kelly's belly button from an outie to an innie. Apparently you're only in shape if your navel goes inward? Which means I technically am in shape! YAY!!!!!!!! That means I can keep drinking my Starbucks drinks, eating fries and lots of meat, and not working out evah! SCORE~! :P

Any outies (or innies) wanna chime in on this? Hmm. I'm not sure I've ever even see any outies up close and personal, just in photos... How can that be?

A shot of Kelly's real stomach | A shot of Kelly's airbrushed stomach

In case you're interested, here's an article about why belly buttons are outies or innies. I think the old way of thinking is kinda obvious, but it never occurred to me that umbilical hernias might be the cause for outies.


(And apparently I'm chatty today. Sorry to Stef and all the others I drive nuts when I post like a fiend. :)

4 comments:

melissa said...

My theory: Kelly Ripa is too skinny to have an innie. :) There's no room!!!

*chuckle*

Okay, maybe not. But does anyone else think the airbrushed belly button looks fake? Maybe it's 'cause I know it is, but still...

Poppy said...

MIL - That belly button is so fake looking she should go to jail for counterfeiting.

Kristen - After the surgery you have an outie? Was it an outie to begin with?? Or did they make it into one?!?!

Gaby Hess said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted this!! I watched the show today and was pissed that they didn't show her belly button. Thank you for revealing the truth!

melissa said...

:D Much agreed.