Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sunday, bloody Sunday I had a clever title but it was eaten by The Man.

Sorry, that was a little gross. So, the strikeouts: I was going to do a meme today, and it was going to be kinda cool, but I realized that the answers were just a little too revealing. Like I haven't done a lot of revealing lately? Even I have my lines to draw. So, no meme.

How about SUNDAY GARDEN PARTY MINIATURE EDITION WITH MORE SNOW CROCUSES!!!!!! instead? And spider pictures. And snow pictures. One thing to say: Effing power lines, always ruining the shot. Another thing to say: This set isn't actually so mini. Hmm. Semi-mini. Anyway, here's a teaser:

DSC02485.JPG

Rest at flickr.

Some thankfulness: Blogger ate this the first time, so I shall do the condensed version. Thanks to Stef at Stefanie Says for semi-randomly-but-with-semi-purpose sending me The Essential Johnny Cash from my Amazon Wish List!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting that double album ever since I saw Walk the Line, and actually quite a bit longer because I am a Cash fan who just happens to not have any of his music really. Hay had American I-IV but somehow only American IV is still in the house, which has my absolutely favoritest covers by Johnny, Hurt (NIN) and Personal Jesus (Depeche Mode). I grew up listening to Johnny in my house because after my mom divorced my dad she dated a man who loved country music. This made me hate it for the rest of my childhood, but then when I was 19 I almost started liking it again when Hot Roommate had his friend from Australia over for a few weeks and he was an absolute country music fanatic. (Yes, there is country music in Australia.) All he did the entire time he was over was talk about country music, which I didn’t mind because it gave me an excuse to stare deep into his eyes and fantasize about totally making out with him. :D When I finally did enjoy country music again was at age 22 when I went to visit my friend and colleague in New Mexico who drove me to Tucson, AZ to see her boyfriend-at-the-time (she has finally realized she is a lesbian and is now happily married to a wonderful woman). Um, anyway, she and her boyfriend really liked country music and she explained to me that I need to broaden my horizons and get over my past. So I did. And now I love it. Not my favorite genre, but I was repulsed by it before and no longer am.

Also thankfulness: To Bdogg (who is on hiatus, in case you were wondering where the heck she's been) and Avi who independently talked me into loving Nine Inch Nails. I purchased The Downward Spiral because iTunes actually had it. What they don't have which B and Avi highly recommend: Pretty Hate Machine and Broken which are also not sold through Amazon so B suggested I try eBay but I kept getting botbid (that's outbid by a fricking bot set to outbid me, which is really cool if you're the one using it, but not so cool if you're on the receiving end of botbidedness). Anyway, yesterday I did one more search for these albums and guess where I found them? Wal*Mart online. Soooooo, between the dates of April 12 and 17 I shall become the proud owner of PHM and Broken, and my music collection will go a little bit more to the hard side. Probably a good thing because I realized lately there is a lot of emo-inducing music in there. I allowed myself to be swayed by younger people the last few years (and by young I mean adult age but just barely). (Spéncèr, je vous promets I am not referring to your music taste in this statement.)

Okay, and final thankfulness: To B again because she is my bestest friend in the entire world and you wish you had a friend this awesome because, for the first time in 15 years, I RECEIVED AN EASTER BASKET! FROM HER!!!!! I HAD JUST BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT LACK OF BASKET EARLIER THAT DAY, AND I CAME HOME FROM THE MOVIES TO FIND THAT B'S BASKET HAD ARRIVED! NO, I DON'T THINK I CAN STOP YELLING. SHE'S JUST THAT. AWESOME. AND. AWESOMER. BESTEST FRIEND EVAH!!!!!!!!!! A photo representation of said basket:

DSC02496       DSC02499
DSC02492

And, for your viewing pleasure, speed painting with ketchup and french fries:



If you're a celebrator, happy bunny day! (Apparently Google is not, no special Google front page today. It really is Easter, right? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that you were able to find Pretty Hate Machine at WalMart. It was my understanding that they only sold radio-edit music (and if memory serves PHM was labeled Explicit Lyrics - I could be totally wrong about this though 'cuz I haven't listened to NIN in a couple of years)...

bdogg_mcgee said...

I'm glad you like the basket!! I was afraid the chocolate would melt b/c it was like 90 degrees here the day I mailed it, but would you believe it snowed here yesterday? Craziness!

I, too, echo Molly's surprise that Wal-Mart had PHM and Broken. There are several F-bombs that are dropped in both albums. Eeeenteresting....

Avitable said...

I was going to say the same thing about Wal-mart. It's got explicit lyrics, but hopefully you didn't get an edited version. I can't believe that Amazon didn't have it.

Your photos were cool and I'm very jealous of your Easter basket.

Yar!

Poppy said...

Molly - According to the site the album is not edited. There is no mention of the lyrics being explicit, so I guess we'll see what shows up.

B - Those fudge pb eggs are sooooooooo tasty!!!!!! And the pez cow is coming with me to work. :) :) :) I already ate all the pez. My mommy called today and I told her you gave me a basket and she thought that was so sweet! (As do I.) I do believe it snowed there because it snowed here Friday and today after being in the 50s and sunny last week. And if the albums don't have F bombs then I'm going to be begging for you to rip me copies. :)

Avi - Amazon has the $21 import version. I'm not paying $21. I may be rich but I'm cheap. And you had an Easter basket the other day! Not my fault (or Amy's) that you chose not to pace yourself. :P Thanks for saying the photos were cool. I love the snow crocuses peeking through the snow.