Friday, April 13, 2007

In which Avi tricks me into giving him more information about myself, as if he doesn't have enough al-gd-ready.

Seriously, I should rename this blog Avi Cedes, because he basically runs the show here at least twice a week and he thinks Hay has a cute butt. (I made that last part up. But if he ever were to see Hay's butt he'd agree with me that it's adorable.) Yesterday Avi posted a meme in which he got Mr. Fab to ask him questions that he then answered. I agreed to also do the meme so Avi has given me the following questions to answer. At first glance I thought they looked terribly generic, but he gave good arguments for why they are not. I apologize once more for calling his questions generic, because they are, in fact, quite thoughtful.

Before you go stealing the questions you see here, please note the rules state that you request questions, so please do that.

Now, on to my questions! And please note that in question 4 Avi is asking me to talk about him, he's not calling me those things.

1. If you had to choose between giving up your favorite foods or sex, which would you choose and why?

I asked for clarification on this question because I LOVE food but the thought of no sex ever again was a bit daunting. Since Avi said that certain of my favorite solo activities were still fair game, just not physical sex with another person, I'm choosing to give up sex. (Sorry, Hay. :)


2. What is your favorite movie of all time?

I'll qualify that it's really hard for me to choose one of anything. If I got to pick one per genre I'd feel better about it. Since I'm only allowed to choose one total, I choose ... April Fool's Day.


3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I'm living in a much warmer state with a zoo of animals loved by me but taken care of by my aninanny™. I'm very successful so I have a stylist to dress me, a chef to cook my meals, and a full housekeeping staff to clean up my dirty messes. I'm the CISO of a company that isn't my own because I hate the responsibility of running a business. I'm writing articles for several prominent trade magazines, and occasionally travelling the country to speak at conferences about security in the workplace. I'm in the middle of writing my memoirs, not to be published until the time of my death so that I don't have to be around for the aftermath. :) I've talked my way into the behind-the-scenes portion of the movie business, occasionally making cameo appearances in campy horror movies. I travel once a month to visit friends I met 10 years ago on this thing called a blog. I fully expect that Hay will be tired of me by then so will have divorced me and run off with a younger woman. I have a variety of lovers scattered around the world, pining away for me because I've told them they each must be exclusive to me. Life is gooooooood.


4. I'm a foul-mouthed pervert with no heart and no soul. Why am I so awesome?

No comment? Because you're spectacularly charming, and you know it, you attention whore. (Trust me, everyone, this is precisely what he hoped I'd say.)


5. What is your biggest regret?

As with guilt, I made a life decision not to acquire new regret, so it has to be something from childhood when I was allowing regret into my life. The biggest regret is super personal, so I apologize in advance for making anyone squirm. I regret not kicking more boys in the groin while I was still under 18, because I am told I will now go to jail if I do it, unless it's self defense or unless it's April 16, 2007 and I'm kicking a cop in my kicking ass class. (At least I get one more freebie!)


Here are the rules if you want to play:

    1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
    2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
    3. You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions.
    4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
    5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


I have a bet going with Avi about how many people are going to ask me to interview them (I say zero, he started listing everyone under the sun). If you prove me right then I'll be torturing him in a yet-to-be-specified manner. If you prove him right then this is going to be a lot more fun for everyone.

10 comments:

Avitable said...

I like your answers. You managed to pick a movie that I've always wanted to see just from the box art, but never quite made it.

And I'm sure Hay's butt is just the cutest thing.

Oh yeah, you can interview me, and I'll answer in your comments! :)

Mel said...

Very awesome answers! :)

And because I want to see what kind of fun will happen here on Avi's behalf... INTERVIEW ME!

(Sorry Poppy, I just had to!)

Anonymous said...

So if Avi was allowed to ask for an interview in the comments, weren't you destined to lose the bet from the beginning?

Normally I'm not an attention whore, but since I can't think of anything to post...

Interview me :)

Bearette said...

A girl at my high school kicked a cop in the groin at a pool hall. The local paper described it as "assault with a shod foot."

;)

Poppy said...

Avi - If you don't see April Fool's Day soon I'm coming to FL to force you to watch it. Hay's butt is severely cute. I stare at it whenever I get the chance. See your email for your questions.

Mel - Aren't you the eager beaver?! I loved your answers!!!!!

Molly - I know, a flawed plan. I already torture Avi enough in other ways, and I'd rather people do the meme than give me the opportunity for another torture session. I'm psyched for you to answer your questions. If you don't like any of the questions I recommend you swap in the bonus question for that one.

Bearette - That is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Avitable said...

Here are your answers!

1. Based on your belief system, when you (Avi, not the generic "you") die what happens to you next?

Well, unless my head is chopped off and essence absorbed, I keep fighting until I am the only one.

2. What one thing do you most want to change about yourself?

I'd really like to be able to auto-fellate. So either I'd have to remove 14 ribs or just have my head moved closer to my crotch.

3. Why are you such an attention whore?

What's the point of doing anything unless everyone knows who you are?

4. What's your favorite movie of all time?

Grosse Pointe Blank. No, Spaceballs. No, Back to the Future 1-3. No, For Love or Money.

5. Who's your favorite Poppy and why?

Probably that one with the pigtails who was super strong and loved animals. She had red hair and I always loved her. Oh wait, that's "Pippi". I guess you're my favorite Poppy. You give me a funny feeling in my pants, so that's why you're my favorite.

Poppy said...

Avi - On second thought, I really shouldn't name the blog after you because I think you'd scare away ALL my readers except Mel. :)

1. Manna. :)

2. I'm not sure why I always walk into that one...

3. For your own spiritual growth?

4. No, it's APRIL FOOL'S DAY. You just haven't watched it yet!!!!!!

5. I did NOT give you that funny feeling. You got that from you other special girl. And you KNOW who I mean. And yes, I went there. :D (Please don't show her this comment, I really don't want her to kick my ass.)

Mel said...

Poppy, you've pretty much succeeded in seducing me ;)

Stefanie said...

I'm a little teensy bit nervous about what you might ask me, but what the hell... Interview me! :-)

Poppy said...

Mel, sweetie, I do my best for you.

Stef - I asked you tame questions, aside from that question I should have asked Mel. :)