Sunday, April 15, 2007

Big girls don't do cry

My little girl is growing up. I do believe Georgie has her first UTI:
  1. Frequent alert crying way more than usual,
  2. straining to urinate,
  3. obvious discomfort when urinating,
  4. frequent urination without passing much urine (between 9:30am and 10:30am we visited the litter box three four five times),
  5. licking her "business" after each trip to the litter box.
:( Phooey. I shall be working from home tomorrow so that I can call the vet and say, "please dope up my kid so she's not sad anymore." The one amusing part about all of this is that this morning I instructed Georgie to tell me EVERY time she goes downstairs to use the box and she has kept her end of the bargain so well that I've moved a litter box up here and shut the basement door. She understands my English.

In other kitty news:
DSC02604
Flying Ripley
DSC02617
Laziest treat-eating Allie evah


One more thing, no Sunday Garden Party this week because nothing new is blooming outside. How about a squirrel instead?



Rest of the absolutely adorable chippy-squirrel images are at flickr. Sorry they're blurry. A combo of taking the photo through the kitchen window and only a 3x zoom will do that...

2 comments:

sourpuss said...

My Alphonse had a UTI a few years back (it's usually more common w/boys b/c they have narrower urethras). He had to have a procedure and was in hospital overnight (they had to remove crystals that had formed, causing a blockage). He pulled through great but the vet said that if it happened again, he's basically have to be "made into a female". Things have been fine since and he's still a boy.

I love your kitty pics and I luurve the squirrel pics. U.S. squirrels are so differenct from Canadian squirrels!

Avitable said...

Poor kitty!