Thursday, April 12, 2007

Could someone massage my head and shoulders?

Last night I was unavoidably detained from online activities for a reason that ends with me sitting in the shower with my clothes on and Hay putting a bucket on my side of the bed. I had a scheduled chat session with B at 8pm and plans to chat with Avi about the season 1 finale of Veronica Mars after I had watched the episode (thanks to Netflix). I was unable to accomplish either of those goals.

Following is the transcript of my IM session with Avi this morning. Please note the names have been changed to protect the innocent as well as the severely not innocent. Please also note that VM means Veronica Mars.

poppy: ohhh, do I have a story.
avi: yeah?
poppy: yah
poppy: I thought of calling you, but I would need to find a dark corner
avi: oh yeah?
poppy: it's too scandalous to say in front of my officemate and her client
avi: heh
avi: ok
avi: you can try anyway
poppy: try anyway what
avi: to find a dark corner
avi: heh
avi: or you can type it all out
poppy: I think I'll type
avi: k
poppy: so .
avi: i'll stay quiet and let you type it out
poppy: good idea
poppy: When I came home Hay decided to go outside and do work
poppy: so I went in the house and grabbed an entire bottle of wine and headed directly upstairs.
poppy: (stop judging me, I'm not there yet)
avi: heh
poppy: and then I opened the bottle of wine, started drinking SOME of it while I worked and watched episode 1 of VM
poppy: and then Hay popped his head upstairs and asked if I wanted steak and what to have with it
poppy: so I agreed to make potatoes
poppy: so I paused what I was doing upstairs
poppy: went downstairs and buzzedly washed potatoes
poppy: and forked them
poppy: and stuck them in the microwave
poppy: and went back upstairs and in my AWESOMELY judgment state I drank the rest of the bottle of wine
poppy: and continued VM
avi: heh
poppy: and then it was time to go downstairs and eat dinner
poppy: so I went down and severely fuckedupedly put together a plate of food
poppy: and started to eat it while we watched American Idol from last night
poppy: and I thought I finished it but I see this morning I didnt
poppy: and I put the plate down
poppy: and went upstairs to the bathroom
poppy: and stayed there.
poppy: just sitting there feeling awesome
poppy: and I eventually crawled into the bathtub
avi: awwwww
poppy: and turned on the water WITH my clothes on
poppy: but the door was locked
poppy: and Hay comes up half an hour later and says, "Poppy?"
poppy: and I say "I'm fiiiiine!"
poppy: and he says "are you okay"
poppy: and I say "yup"
poppy: "are you drunk?"
poppy: "nope"
poppy: "really?"
poppy: "nope"
poppy: "so you are?"
poppy: "yup"
poppy: "ok, the door's locked"
poppy: "yup"
avi: omg - i have tears in my eyes
poppy: "i'm breaking in"
poppy: "ok"
poppy: so he breaks into the bathroom
poppy: and he sees me with water running all over me
poppy: so I'm just sitting there
poppy: with water all over
poppy: and he comes over and hangs out with me and tries to get me to drink ice water
avi: my sides hurt
poppy: and I keep saying no
poppy: and he says "you need to"
poppy: and so I drink a little every few minutes
poppy: and then I say
poppy: "the water is too cold"
poppy: so he fixes the temp
poppy: and I say "it's too hot"
poppy: "HAAAAAAAAY"
poppy: "IT'S TOO HOT"
poppy: He leaves the room for a minute
poppy: and I
poppy: 'm just yelling
poppy: "hay hay hay hay"
avi: oh jesus
poppy: and he comes back and turns down the water
poppy: and then he starts telling me he's going to get me a bucket for bed
poppy: and then do you know what I say?
poppy: I say "they have seals on I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?"
avi: hahahahhahhaha
poppy: "and they're always looking for their buckets!"
avi: i KNEW you were going to say that
poppy: so
poppy: I totally never got to talk to B last night
poppy: didn't get to finish VM
poppy: and didn't get to talk to you
avi: oh my GOD
avi: i have tears streaming down my face
avi: and my sides hurt
poppy: :)
poppy: now I wish I had called you
avi: that is the funniest thing i have ever heard
poppy: I'm calling
poppy: JAS
avi: ok
(a conversation ensues in which avi laughs at poppy for several minutes while she tries to defend her decision to get drunk instead of watching VM or talking to her bestest friend ever for a SCHEDULED appointment)
avi: Yar!
poppy: except I'm crooked
avi: crooked?
poppy: I am off balance this morning
poppy: :)
avi: heh
poppy: I forgot about that detail until I just tried to walk back to my office
avi: heheheh
avi: maybe you're still slightly drunk
poppy: I totally am


This morning I received B's email asking if I was okay, and I responded with the condensed version of the above story. She was glad I wasn't dead. Avi just assumed I lost power, my DSL modem broke, or I was too busy to chat. Note to self: Don't get that drunk again OR at least practice mental telepathy so that B is informed of my stupidity and doesn't assume I'm dead in a ditch.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Holy frakkin hell, that was hilarious! And now, I can't WAIT to meet drunk Poppy in July!!! :)

Couple things:
I finished Season One of BSG last night and OMG! Totally awesome :)
And um, why don't you chat with me on the internet, huh? I expect an email with messenger info from you today, missy! :P

... said...

Sounds like it all happened to you early enough that you recovered okay today minus the crooked thing...

Avitable said...

Drunk Poppy would certainly be something to see.

Elizabeth Tarney said...

Hysterical! The wine hangover is the WORST. Bananas help. Grease helps more.

When is drunk Poppy coming to the West Coast?

Poppy said...

Mel - Drunk Poppy very much looks forward to meeting Drunk Mel. :) BSG!!!!! OMG!!!!!@~~@!!!!! I KNOW!! And we have discs 1 and 2 of season 2 arriving tonight. YAR!

Mishka - Yes, I stupidly grabbed the bottle as soon as I fed the kitties their treats, so around 6 or 6:30. I was still drunk this morning, and started to finally feel the effects around 9:30.

Avi - You will never see Drunk Poppy because you would totally take advantage of me. :P

DLil - I wish I'd had some grease today. I did have Ben & Jerry's! Drunk Poppy has no current plans to come to the West Coast, but she and Hay may be revitalizing the Las Vegas trip plans.

Kristen - I hardly ever drink either. The only other time I've ever had an entire bottle of wine was when I was 15 and just wanted to know what it felt like. I didn't throw up then, but I definitely threw up this time. :)

Stefanie said...

Amateur. ;-)