Saturday, March 31, 2007

we doin' things that the girls don't doooo

I met Tug through Avi when she mistook me for a guy and proposed marriage to me. Tug rocks. How can you not rock with a name like Tug? (Right, Molly? :) I found this meme chez Tug and decided to play along.

Have you ever had an argument with a teacher?
Yes I have. With the very same teacher who had sex with me while reciting Shakespeare in my dream when I was a high school Sophomore. I liked him enough to challenge him when I didn't agree with him. He respected that about me.

Can you count in Roman numerals?
Of course I can! What kinda question is this?!

Are you bilingual?
No, I'm multilingual.

Do you know how your car’s engine works?
I turn the key in the ignition and little hamsters start running for their lives in a big wheel. Right?

Can you program the time on a VCR?
I learned this skill when I was in elementary school. I haven't done it in a while since our VCRs are in a closet upstairs, but I'm sure it's like riding a bike.

How many email addresses do you have?
I don't know. 20? A million? A lot.

Do you own a slinky?
No, but I give them out as presents to my friends' kids so that they stay grounded.

Do you talk to yourself?
The voices in my head do that for me. (Tug's answer preserved. :)

Do you have a tough time remembering people’s names?
No, that is not a problem I have. I remember the name of pretty much anyone I've ever met for longer than 5 minutes. It's tiring.

Did you go stag to your Senior Prom?
Although I was asked by three guys I chose not to go with any of them. I'm just not a prom kinda gal.

Is any leftover food currently residing in your refrigerator?
Yes, and it will not be eaten. :)

Are you high maintenance?
I guess that depends who you ask. I am opinionated.

How do you want to be proposed to?
In retrospect, no differently than I was.

Do you work out regularly?
I know what is meant by this and I refuse to acknowledge the question.

Do you care about your appearance?
Yes, although I don't do much to present myself well.

Describe the person of your dreams:
Kind. Respectful. Young, hot, rich, strong hands for massages... What? IT'S.A.DREAM. (Tug's answer preserved, except I also add: Funny and intelligent.)

Do you like to be tan?
I don't even know what tan is. I lobster instantly.

If you had your choice of anyone in the world to spend a night with, who would it be?
:) No comment.

How many keys are on your key ring?
Less than 10 on the set I keep in my pants pocket. More than 10 on the set I keep in my jacket pocket.

How much money is in your wallet/purse right at this moment?
I'm too lazy to look, so I'll just say that there was $40 in there before we went to get breakfast.

What is your favorite spice or seasoning?
Garlic (fresh, powder, whatever, just bring it!)

What does your name mean?
Princess.

Do you give your pets holiday presents?
Only when they're good girls.

When doing up your jeans, do you button then zip? Or zip then button?
Button then zip.

How far would you go on the first date?
It depends how well I know the person ahead of the date. In my pre-marriage life I tended to become friends with people before I actually dated them. I don't have a hard and fast rule on this. And if I'm being completely honest, it depends how much electricity I feel the moment I meet the person.

Do you sleep on your side? Stomach? Back?
Usually my side/onto stomach. Before I had a back injury I enjoyed sleeping on my back. Now it hurts like hell so I don't do that.

Have you attended a high school reunion yet?
Yes, this past winter. It was the dullest thing I've pretty much ever been to. Luckily, it was at a bar so I went over to the live performance side and watched the band play.

Are you ticklish? Where?
Sometimes. I'd rather not say where since I am likely to meet a fair number of you this year and I know the first thing you'll do is test my tickle tolerance. ;)

Would you rather change your past or know your future?
I'd rather know my future, my past made me who I am today, & I'm OK with that. (Tug, you are so brilliant!)

Do you believe in saving yourself for marriage?
Haaaaaaaaaaa. Good one!

Would you pick up a hitchhiker?
Perhaps with the hood of my car as I drive my car at him. I actually did pick up a female hitchhiker once because she stood in front of my car crying. I drove her two miles then she jumped out of the car, still sobbing, and I never saw her again.

Would you consider yourself a worrier?
I strive to not worry, but I worry.

Do you notice when your crush/significant other changes something about themselves?
Yes.

Do your first impressions of people usually stick?
Yes, I've got a really good sense like that. (Tug... Tug... This is why I like you.)

What movie(s) can you watch over and over?
These are the ones I can think of just this second: Groundhog Day, Scrooged, LOTR: Fellowship, Star Wars, Clockwatchers, Secretary, Real Genius, You've Got Mail (ugh, I know). Edit: I can't believe I forgot Ferris Bueller's Day Off! I'm sure there are more. Edit edit: Yup. Office Space!

Do you like to cook?
I love to cook.

Do plants die in your care?
I try not to let them, but sometimes their suicidal tendencies win.

What’s one thing you feel you must do in your life before it ends?
Go back to Europe, go to Australia, go to countries where I don't speak a word of the language and see what trouble I can find. I'm very interested in testing my survival skills. :)

6 comments:

Tug said...

Hi Poppy! **waves** Love the answers...Bill Murray fan, too - yes with the funny & intellegent, too! I like what I see here...I'll be back. (Spoken non-Ahnold like)

Avitable said...

Nice answers. At first I mis-read your answer to #1 that you had sex with a teacher in high school. I missed the dream part.

Stefanie said...

I remember learning that [your name] means "Crowned one." It didn't occur to me that we could translate that to "Princess." Awesome. I love that; thanks. :-)

Poppy said...

TUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Welcome!!!

Avi - Yah, I read that several times and gathered that it would cause confusion. :) I wouldn't mind if it had been not a dream. (Hot for teacher!)

Stef - I take my liberties with [our] name. :)

Bridget Jones said...

This is such a good meme and your answers are hilarious! I read the question about the teacher the same way that avitable did...blush (me and my dirty mind)....

Poppy said...

Bridge!!! - Long time no see! Thank you. I strive to make y'all blush once in a while. :)