Monday, January 02, 2006

Open-faced meatloaf sammy

Bearette, kindly avert your eyes.

Last night I made open-faced meatloaf sammies with the leftover loaf. I buttered one side of toasting bread, placed it on a griddle, placed extra sharp cheddar on the bread, and grilled it like a grilled cheese. I microwaved the meatloaf, placed it on top of the melty cheese, then covered the meatloaf in a ketchup-maple syrup sauce (3 parts ketchup to 1 part syrup, heated and stirred). Serve grilled side down. ;) De-lish.

DSC00048

DSC00049

DSC00052

6 comments:

bdogg_mcgee said...

Wow--I love the second picture where the ketchup is glistening....so festive!

v said...

Looks pretty tasty. But how'd you eat that? Like a pizza slice or sorta rolled up like a pita bread thingy?

Yes these are culinary phrases.

Poppy said...

Fork and knife. Until my braces come off I have to eat all sandwiches that way, even burgers. I think you could probably grab it up like a pizza slice, maybe fold it once and shove it in your mouth, but it definitely lasts longer if you have to cut it into bite-sized pieces. :)

Maman said...

That looks very homey and tasty.. I had a pot pie yesterday and les filles looked at me like I was insane... crazy children!

Spider Walk said...

I noticed the glistening ketchup too! They look yummy....slurp!

Btw...you camera seems to be lint free now. I love all the pictures you post. They all seem to turn out perfect. What kind of camera is it? I want one :)

Poppy said...

Sony Cybershot DSC-W1, 5.1 megapixel, Carl Zeiss variety. Only has a 3x optical zoom. If the newest one has a better zoom, I say go for it.