Saturday, January 07, 2006

On my mind

Good morning, all. If you didn't get a piece of cake please go grab one now from the birthday post. It's severely tasty.

Atlantic hurricane season is finally over! Tropical Storm Zeta, the last existing storm of the 2005 season, was forced to dissipate on Friday by other extreme weather conditions. Typically storm season ends November 30. It's January 7. Math says that is a lot longer of a season than it should have been. There were 14 hurricanes this year, which is the best reason of all for my parents to move away from Florida.

Hay and I are off to the in-laws' house for our Christmas celebration. (Yes, Christmas is still happening for this family.) At this time we will be meeting the newest furry edition to the family, Lucy! I will be posting at least one photo of Lucy upon my return.

We expect to be back later today, although if the weather is bad we'll be trapped into staying over night, which we don't like to do only because we don't sleep well when in someone else's bed.

Hope you're all having a spectacular Saturday!

2 comments:

c said...

I, for one, am having a very spectacular Saturday. Not only am I still in my jammies at 1:33 pm, I have been incredibly productive (thanks to some drugs--prescription!!--that I'm on right now)!

Lisa said...

Yay for the end of hurricane season. But, yeah, if I lived along the southeastern coast, I'd be seriously considering a move. I heard on the radio that we're supposed to see increased hurricane activity for the next ten years. Yikes!