Friday, January 13, 2006

I guess we'll know not to bother wondering...

...if this contestant will make it to the million dollar question. I just got a poll the audience IM from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with the following question:
    Hi! A contestant in the hot seat needs your help.

    Which of these fruits or vegetables are commonly coated in a thin layer of wax to help maintain freshness?

    A: Oranges
    B: Spinach
    C: Carrots
    D: Strawberries

I answered E: You're a moron* but MillionaireIM rejected my answer.

*Okay, not really, I answered A.

6 comments:

acw said...

Where's apples? Aren't apples coated in wax?

Unknown said...

I answered the same--aren't we brilliant! HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR!

Poppy said...

ACW, you crack me up.

Happy new year, Michael. Cheers to a year of brilliant MillionaireIM answer... hehe.

melissa said...

Well, so YOU'RE one of those people that knows nothing*...just kidding. Way to help a playa out!






*I have noticed on the few occasions I've seen the program that more people in the IM poll answer incorrectly than the audience poll. No offense to you or your ~brilliant~ mind. We all know it's YOU that gets 'em right!

don't call me MA'AM said...

...but they DO wax apples and cucumbers. Not strawberries. Not spinach. Some places carrots and oranges.

I think you got screwed. There's NO right answer.

Poppy said...

I know they wax apples and (non-English) cucumbers, but those weren't choices. You have to pick from the choices they give you, and since I'd never heard of a waxed carrot I thought it was completely obvious that the answer was A: Oranges. If there is any chance that carrot is a valid answer that question should have been thrown out and a new $1k question should be issued.