Monday, January 16, 2006

Nicole Richie and the Chinese BSB

I'm still losing weight. I won't give an exact number, because it's a lady's prerogative not to share that info, and it's not the point. My point is that I used to be able to just press my body weight against a door and it would open up, and now I lean against a door and it stays completely shut, and I panic that I'm locked in, then I push with my hands and the door opens easily. I'm not heavy enough to open a freakin' door anymore! Today Hay and I were coming out of a game store and I pressed my weight against the door. Nothing happened. I used my hands to push the door and of course it opened right away. When we were through the door I turned to Hay and said, "I'm turning into Nicole Richie!"


Photo cred: VH1

I'm far from being that skinny, and I actually eat food, but it's definitely an adjustment to me to understand the world as it relates to me in a smaller form. I have always prided myself in my extra weight as being somehow my strength and intimidation. I'm starting to feel like a timid and fragile woman, easier for men to not consider me their equal because I no longer weigh as much as they do. I don't appreciate this “benefit”. Hmph.

On a completely different subject: Do you remember when I posted about the funny web videos, and told you how I totally wanted to make out with the guy on the right in the Chinese Backstreet Boys video?


Well, apparently this Friday on VH1 there will be a web video show called VH1 & IFILM Web Junk 20 that includes a clip of the Chinese BSB! The show premieres this Friday, January 20 at 11:30pm Eastern. I can't wait!! :)

1 comment:

0000 said...

Either that or the boobs are always the first to go...


*sigh*