Tuesday, January 24, 2006

velo-city

En français velo means bike. So, yah. Anyway, I finished Velocity by Dean Koontz at about 1:00am. I have the following to say in retrospect: far-fetched story line, commendable dealings with the situation, but far-fetched in resolve. WORTH reading if you like his work, just know it's going to end in favor of the underdog and you'll probably be able to "go with the flow" a bit better. One of the characters (Ivy) was just dropped, her importance seemed cut off and her special talent never seemed to add to the story. Also, Billy's realization of the person setting him up was way too rushed and implausible, à mon avis.

5 comments:

jules said...

1AM!? Whoa - isn't that wayyy past your bedtime?!

Paisley said...

I like his books and have read this one. I think I really liked it. However, I can never distinguish the books after I am done and tell what they were by the title. I don't have that prob with any other author. Weird!

Bryan said...

My Dean Koontz list:

Fear Nothing
Sole Survivor

I think he should pace his books a little more. No one gives a crap how prolific a writer is, just give us better books.

I think Dean Koontz writes on deadlines.

Poppy said...

Jules, remember when I said I was going to bed early last night? I liked. Unintentionally.

Paisley, I think the inability to distinguish has to do with what Bryan said.

Bryan, I was commenting to Hay about that exact same observation last night! Slow it down, pally.

Poppy said...

*liked=lied

And I even checked my spelling that time.