Friday, December 30, 2005

"Meatloaf, beatloaf."

My most favoritest scene from A Christmas Story is Mom asking Randy "how do the little piggies eat?" and he plants his face down into those mashed potatoes and that meatloaf and he just goes oinkety oink oink hog wild. I cannot stop laughing when I see that scene, even though I've seen the movie at least 50 times by this point in life.

Today Hay and I made crockpot meatloaf. On purpose! Our house smells amazing. I really cannot wait to eat the little sucker. I took photos, maybe I'll post one later. For now, just know that the smell of ketchup in a crockpot is delectable.

Speaking of meatloaf and Christmas, did you know you can visit the house in the movie for an annual A Christmas Story party? Me neither! (Well, okay, I know now.) Or, instead of going to the house, you can do a virtual tour. Awe---some. But, you may actually want to go see it, since the Red Rider Lamp Company bought the house off eBay and is restoring it to its movie likeness, and shall eventually make it a public museum. Yippy! OK, and the bestest part of all is that starz on demand has a 30-second version of A Christmas Story in cartoon bunny form, which even includes the meatloaf scene!!

Note: I wanted to include a photo of Randy with his face in the mashed potatoes, but I'm having no luck finding one. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre. Just imagine Randy with spuds and drippy cow loaf hanging off his face, and imagine him snorting in amusement. Ahhhhhhh.

4 comments:

bdogg_mcgee said...

That was the best cartoon ever.

The only thing I would have liked to see was the Christmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Ahhh.....memories.....

Poppy said...

Ha, yes, me too! Maybe they just thought it'd be too politically incorrect?

BarbaraMG said...

OMG I kid you not. My kids are watching that movie and that scene was just playing. The leg lamp is coming in as I type this!

Mair said...

Haha! Hog wild. That's funny.