Thursday, March 22, 2007

What makes me think this is a good plan?

I'm about to go get a second iced tea. I don't need a second iced tea for the following reasons:
    · It runs right through me, and I'll be running to the bathroom to pee every five seconds all afternoon
    · It makes me maniacally hyper
    · I'm probably having iced tea when I go out to dinner directly after work
    · I have a ginormous glass of ice water brought in from home and an odwalla pure orange juice sitting on my desk that should be finished ahead of another iced tea
    · edit: Caffeine, particularly in iced tea, makes my back and leg flare up (oops, forgot about that little tidbit...)

I have really bad judgment when it comes to iced tea. I'm going for it. :)

10 comments:

sourpuss said...

Who cares about the iced tea! Where are you going for dinner and what will you be having?

Mel said...

OOOOH I LOVE iced tea! And now you having me craving it!

And yes, details on this evenings dinner, please? :)

Poppy said...

You will both be disappointed to learn that we're just going to Olive Garden. But, it's home of our favorite dessert, black tie mousse cake. I love getting the scampi, but without shrimp or chicken, just the sauce. I might get that tonight. And lotsa salad. :D

Mel said...

Olive Garden?? Soup! Salad! Breadsticks! WINE!!

Not disapointed at all. Actually a bit envious :)

sourpuss said...

Yeah, I used to like the Olive Garden when it was up here. It disappeared a few years ago and I have no idea why because I knew a lot of people who like it. Food was good, prices were reasonable... what more could you want in a big ticket city like Toronto? Jeez.

Poppy said...

Olive Garden was FULL UP, not even one parking spot, so we went to a fancy Tuscan steak place instead. I had water and yummy steak and mashed potatoes.

Anonymous said...

I should like tea being raised as a little southern boy but I can't stand the stuff. Coffee is soooo much better. :D

Avitable said...

This post just showed up in Google Reader. Bastards.

lizgwiz said...

I live on iced tea. All year 'round. I only have 3-4 glasses a day, though. If the 52-ounce thermal mug I keep on my desk all day counts as one glass. Hee.

You know iced tea (even black) has tons of antioxidants, right? It's GOOD for you.

Poppy said...

Spéncèr - I didn't know you were a Southern boy! How exciting! No rules says you must like tea. You definitely strike me as a coffee guy, so stick with that. Except, maybe not Dunkin' Donuts coffee. ;)

Avi - Effing Google. I don't get why your feed now works for me but mine doesn't work for you. Guess you'll have to artificially inflate my hit count by driving by!

Liz - I LOVE iced tea, but I get outta control hyper when I drink it so I need to be careful. I know it has antioxidants but it also makes my heart beat so fast it wants to jump out of my chest! For some reason coffee and soda don't tend to have the same effect.