Thursday, March 15, 2007

I like pie.*

I have returned. Did you miss me? I missed being here.

At lunch time I actually snuck back to my office for a moment alone and found this MSN search about the male oral contraceptive pill. I like men, I really do. I like you! But if I don't want to get pregnant I'm taking my own damn pill. Just sayin'. You take your pill, I'll take mine, and we'll all feel better about the whooooole thing.

I'm slightly exhausted from my day because I didn't really eat lunch and I was giving or attending presentations all day. They're tiring! I'm having an afternoon Starbucks pre-packaged mocha to get me through until Hay comes to pick me up and take me home. I am actually glad there isn't a new episode of The Office tonight so that I don't have to feel bummed about being tired while I watch it. I like to be well rested for the Jam vs. Jaren war. (You know Jam will ultimately win.)

Oh! If you vote for American Idol, Hay begs of you to vote for Sanjaya next week. He wants the kid to make it to the top 10 so that AI is forced to let him do the tour. :D Just like that red-hedded crooner kid from last year! I fully support Hay in this endeavor.



*What? I do!

4 comments:

Avitable said...

Did you see that only 13% of men said they'd be willing to take a male birth control pill if it existed? That's ridiculous - why wouldn't a guy be willing to do it?

Poppy said...

I don't know, I think you're more responsible than many of the guys I was thinking of when I read about the pill. Plus, I trust myself to handle my own birth control and don't feel the need to trust someone else to do this instead. (Hmm, I guess that makes me a control freak.)

Kris said...

No, it doesn't make you a control freak, it just makes you a person who's thinking past one hour from now. I'm with you -- anyone who engages in an activity with consequences should weigh the consequences carefully and act accordingly. Don't assume the other person's got you covered. :) We all know what happens when you assume.

Poppy said...

Thank you. Much better said than I was able to say in my head. Although, honestly, I make an ass out of myself on a daily basis.