Saturday, March 24, 2007

tricky quickies

Watching BSG: The Miniseries right now. Pretend you didn't see me, because my mind is honestly captivated by what I'm watching, I just have (undiagnosed) ADHD and OCD and an addiction to blogging so I'm posting at the same time. I had no idea how much sex science fiction characters have! I could use some ice to cool off... To everyone who said I would love it: You rock. (I'm calmy saying that, but on the inside I'm the very opposite of calm.)

I still need to read World War Z (ACW, please don't uninvite me over!*) but I am instead choosing to read Crimson Joy because I read the first paragraph and was hooked (Avi gets the credit for this).

I tried the Starbucks doubleshot espresso & cream. I think my brain and heart simultaneously exploded with the first mouthful. Hay is picking me up a decaf iced mocha on his way back from Home Depot when I go take Ripley to the groomer's a little later today. I can handle those, I'm not sure I can keep handling the doubleshots without keeling over.

Hay and I have been invited to two weddings! One is in June, locally, and involves the person that B and I refer to as “the bird lady”. I'll be going out of politesse. Hay may or may not go, and I don't much care which way he sides. The other wedding we were invited to is in July and is for my cousin who is in the process of getting her PhD so that she can be a prominent women's health expert. For reasons I cannot go into, I am confident that she will do very well in this job, and am happy she will further her career despite the fact that she is marrying an older man (whom she loves very much) with gobs of money. This wedding will be in Maryland, so guess what my big plans are? *TO VISIT ACW. YAR. I'M GONNA MEET THE LEGEND, HIS LOVELY WIFE, AND HIS AWESOME KITTIES. WHO'S EXCITED? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!! Yes, he knows this already. Yes, he is willingly meeting me. Yes, I will be taking photos of his feet and cats.


Okay, shh, time for BSG exclusively.

10 comments:

Brandon said...

have you been drinking coffie

Anonymous said...

Yay, BSG! Also, Yay, Maryland! and Yay, Coff-ay!

Anonymous said...

And now for my real comment. BSG RAWKS. Oh, and watch out for zombies. I think that about sums it up :)

Poppy said...

Brandon - Most definitely. Some with a lot of caffeine...

Molly - :) :) :)

Molly - :) :) :) some more.

Avitable said...

You must give BSG your full attention! Yar!

Poppy said...

YAR!!! That kicked my fucking ass!!!! LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I react to caffeine but espresso doesn't do much for me.

I love dark / strong / black coffee.

I have since I was really rather small.

Poppy said...

I started drinking coffee at age six. It just wasn't very strong coffee. :)

acw said...

It's okay. You still have a few months to finish Z before you see me.

Poppy said...

Kristen - I think I've heard that title for BSG before. And yet everyone watches it anyway!

ACW - Sir, yes Sir. :)