Monday, March 19, 2007

toilet-ries: things that do or do not bug me about bathroom usage

I've mentioned this before in passing, but I really have absolutely no care what position the toilet seat is left in. If Hay were to leave both the inner and outer toilet seat up why would that bother me any more than it would bother him that I leave the inner seat down? We both would have to do work to modify the seat for our needs, and that just seems fair to me.

Because we have kitties who find the toilet water pretty fascinating we actually keep both seats down at all times, and what does bug me is when guests come to my house and leave the seats up so that the cats can get into the bowls. My brother has a creative solution for this. He is a bit of an artist and drew a toilet with the seat UP but with words that tell everyone to leave the seat DOWN. This artwork sits on top of the toilet tank. You can't miss it. My stepmom intentionally defies him, but everyone else follows his instructions.

I also don't care to arrive to a toilet and find other people's business hanging out in there. I know the whole “if it's yellow let it mellow” business, but I know that water splashes, and it grosses me out enough to know that toilet bowl water will potentially splash up at me, let alone water with active waste in it. Ugh. Okay, I just threw up a little.

Last, but certainly not least, I must mention that it pisses me off to a 9 out of 10 if I arrive to the bathroom to find no toilet paper. Even if I notice before I sit down I am annoyed for a good half hour or longer after. If you finished a roll then try being kind to the next person. By the time I get to the bathroom my bladder has received the message that it's okay to let go, so I don't have time to go find my own roll.



3 comments:

sourpuss said...

YES!! Well said! You git 'em! But you know how I feel about bathroom etiquette already so I'm sure it's no surprise that I'm cheering you on.

Poppy said...

Then you are more than welcome to come visit me and use any of my bathrooms. :D

Avitable said...

I hate when the toilet seat and lid are up because I don't want the dog to even notice that there is water in there.