Wednesday, March 14, 2007

certified adult

I'm an adult, apparently! And I saw 300. Amazing. My biggest criticism: Even though none of the animals in the film were real they were killed in battle. I can watch a lot of people die (if I know it's coming) but I just can't watch the animals. Breaks my heart. I think I might want to own this movie when it comes out. I thought it was really well done (not that I'm that picky, but I know what I like and I don't go out buying tons of movies). Yes, it really only costs $7.25 for me to see a movie at night. That's not a discount. It's one of the few things in my county that still has a reasonable price tag on it.

7 comments:

acw said...

Here's a tricky one:

mi cant atendi vidi 300

Avitable said...

I'm glad you liked it. It was definitely a fun movie. I've heard people complain about the historical inaccuracies, and they don't seem to realize that (a): It was based on a comic book that was an interpretation and (b): the whole story is told by the remaining Spartan warrior, and he's embellishing things to get his army ready.

sourpuss said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear you like it because the list of people I know who've seen it and liked it is getting longer. That means I will spend the $13.50 to go see it in a theater. I envy you & your state for your reasonable movie prices... even if I go to a matinée, it's still more than what you pay ($10.50).

Poppy said...

ACW - I read that as: I am leaning towards seeing 300. Yes?

Avi - Excellent points. Perhaps they didn't see the beginning credits, stay for the end to see that the army was being told a story, or stay for the ending credits that make all of this clear. I don't really care about the historical accuracies. I'm not an historian, so I'm not stuck up about that sort of stuff and can just roll with it when something is different than what history tells me. History could be wrong.

Sour - Come visit, I'll gladly go with you again. :) (It's not *that* far to my place from your place - less than a day!)

acw said...

Close enough. "I'm looking forward to seeing 300."

Poppy said...

Note to self: Study Latin.

sourpuss said...

Really? Less than a day? I'm going to have to look into that!