Sunday, March 25, 2007

cede chatter

I don't share enough of my random conversations with you, so I'll offer this morning's breakfast chatter.

DSC02041 Hay: What do you want to do for breakfast.*
Poppy: I don't know.
Hay: I wasn't sure if you wanted pancakes since you bought syrup. I'll make pancakes.
Poppy: Do you want me to make pancakes?
Hay: No, you bought the syrup, I'll make the pancakes. ... Assuming I can find a bowl.
Poppy: (staring at Hay) Are you going to get a bowl?
Hay: There aren't any big enough.
Poppy: There are bowls right over there! How many pancakes do you think I can eat? I can't eat 10 pancakes!
Hay: Well, today you're eating 10 pancakes.
Poppy: I'm not eating 10 fucking pancakes!!! I'll eat 2 or 3!
Hay: (laughs hysterically at me) Okay, I'll make the pancakes. Where's the vegetable oil?
Poppy: We don't have any right now.
Hay: Oh. Hmm, we have olive oil.
Poppy: I used it on the pork chops last night and they were really good!
...
Hay: I have the burner turned down low, I don't know why they're burning.
Poppy: That's the really hot burner. Use any other burner. ... HAY! YOU'RE USING THE WRONG BURNER.
Hay: It's fine!!!! ... This burner's too hot. I'm switching burners.


*Hay is an expert at asking questions in a matter-of-factly tone so that you know it's a question but it doesn't sound like a question. Multi-talented, I tell ya!

4 comments:

Avitable said...

You can't eat 10 pancakes? You disappoint me.

Poppy said...

In more ways than just pancake consumption, I'm sure. :P No, I cannot eat 10 pancakes. When I lost a bunch of weight last year my stomach shrank itself and now the most I can eat is maybe 4 if I had a gun to my head. Today I ate one and three-quarters pancake. If I had three days to eat 10 pancakes? I could probably do it.

don't call me MA'AM said...

I think Hay and my husband are related. Quite possibly twins. Except, my husband already has a twin... maybe they were triplets?

2 pancakes is my limit, too. I feel like such a little bitch, but what can you say?

Poppy said...

Hay being a twin/triplet would explain a few things...

Why is it that we have to be the bitches just because we don't wanna pig out on pancakes?? I think we are just exerting self control and providing a strong, firm conviction of our beliefs. :D