Thursday, March 22, 2007

accidental voyeur

This morning I am looking through a binder of material on being prepared for incidents of various types. I found a multi-page document stapled together that was turned to page 9. I started reading that page and assumed the document was just a dummy exercise between law enforcement members responding to an explosion. I got two pages in and then started to wonder why this sounded so real, because usually simulations don't have that personal feel to them, and definitely not the level of detail I was being given. I flipped to page 1 and realized I was reading the dispatch transcript for the April 20, 1999 Columbine High School incident (the paper version I have is much more verbose).

I'm not sure I can continue reading this knowing what it is... Dilemma.

4 comments:

acw said...

I think you should scan it and put it on the internet.

Poppy said...

I'm sure you do think that. :) I can't.

Anonymous said...

That sucks, 'cuz I was thinking the same thing. I would have to read it.

Avitable said...

I think it's already online. I seem to remember reading it about six months ago when it was released.