Monday, February 20, 2006

That's what I ordered?! Whoops...

I just spent almost the entire President's Day holiday doing paperwork for reimbursement. Gimme my money!

I did leave briefly with Hay for lunch. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I ordered a dish I never would eat when in my right mind. When the plate arrived I had this horrified look on my face, confirmed that the dish was what I ordered, which I realized it was as the words came out of my mouth, then for the rest of the time I was there the server (who was also the bartender) attempted to appease me. If I order the wrong thing please don't try to make this your problem, Ms. Bartender. I made my bed, I lie in it, and I still tip well so no worries. I felt so bad for opening my mouth. This event will never happen again. Even though lunch was not awesome the company was wonderful (yes, I love that husband of mine :) and we went to Olive Garden to pick up our favorite Black Tie Mousse Cake dessert for later.

Hope you had a happy and/or productive President's Day!

4 comments:

Bryan said...

I went to the post office. I didn't think anything of it. I thought perhaps president's day was last week (me of all people!).

Alas, my bill will not get into the mail until tomorrow.

bdogg_mcgee said...

What did you order that you were horrified by???????????????

Poppy said...

Four cheese pizza with pesto instead of red sauce. You should have seen the look of horror on my face when I saw the glistening toxic green oozing through the cheese. I normally order traditional cheese or pepperoni, but the menu was different today so I got confused. I don't care for basil and when I tried to take one for the team and eat it I started getting super nauseous by the taste and sight of it. The soda was really good, though! :)

Thérèse said...

There should be a Prime Minister's day in Canada.

That's right, I said it.

We don't get enough vacation around here as it is.

(giggle)

(I'm asking for a smack aren't I.)