Thursday, February 02, 2006

Last night I was flipping through my National Geographic 100 best pictures and found a photo I am relating to at the moment:



Photographer: Cary Wolinsky


I'm feeling half-exposed, feeling a bit violated by those who are "shearing me", feeling like I need to turn my unshaved side to the world, but in the privacy of my own home I am only feeling my naked and raw side. This is the result of a busy time at work, which happens four times every year, just the nature of the beast, but I'm definitely empathizing with this sheep right now.

Speaking of sheep, I originally majored in pre-veterinary medicine in college so I had the pleasure of capturing a sheep and incapacitating it so that my partner could shear the sheep. I did it, and was proud that I could accomplish the directive, but I felt guilty about it at the same time.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Sounds like a Post Secret to me...

P'nut said...

That is an oddly beautiful photograph. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

And I know what you mean, Popps. [hugs]