Sunday, February 05, 2006

!!!!!!

Did someone send this in because they saw my post about my balloon-popping phobia?!


© PostSecret


I assure you this is not my postcard - I have no godchildren, furry or otherwise. What excellent timing!! :) I hope that person's fear melts away as the result of seeing their postcard. There's hope for us yet. Or, we could just condition ourselves to the loud noise and get over our fear. Actually, it's not the noise - it's the worry that a piece of a balloon will whizbang into my eye and I'll go blind from it.

For those of you tired of being plagued by this phobia, try Information for people who can't stand balloons bursting.

5 comments:

BarbaraMG said...

I won't let my kids have balloons in the house because of my fear of popping balloons. When we get offered them I get all wild-eyed and tell the giver no. I always get s trange look.

bdogg_mcgee said...

I KNOW!

When I read that yesterday I was all, "that's me!"

I didn't send it in, though. But I totally empathize.

Thérèse said...

I like that postcard very much.

melissa said...

I think my fear stems from the birthday parties my mom used to throw. We'd play some game where you sat on a balloon to pop it. I hated it.

P'nut said...

As soon as I saw that over at Post Secret, I thought of you! It's nice to know there are others out there with the same secret... for a while I thought I was just being a weenie.