Monday, February 27, 2006

I'd like to borrow a Vowell

I've been waiting for Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation to be available at my library ever since it came out. I wasn't having high hopes for ever catching it on the shelf for the next several years at the rate it was being checked out.

Today I visited the library to pick up Cell by Stephen King, at Mishka's recommendation, but before walking to the King section I hopped onto a computer and looked up the call number for Sarah's book. By some small miracle, the book had been returned on time (its old due date was 2/25/2006) and it was still on the shelf! Of course, when I wandered over to the King section the only gaping hole in the section was where Cell should have been, so I was giddy about my backup plan.

I changed floors to where I was promised that Assassination Vacation would be waiting for me, and it actually was! So, I am now the proud borrower of the quirkiest book of one of my favorite authors and social observers. Yippy!

1 comment:

leesepea said...

I love it when she goes on Conan O'Brien - they are so geeky together, with their love of Lincoln history! She was on a couple of weeks ago to promote the release of AV on paperback.

Enjoy the reading!