Thursday, February 02, 2006

Stress relief

When I was a kid every day of my life that school was in session my neck and shoulders were very sore from stress. When I graduated college and entered "the real world" this tension melted away.

This week I've noticed the soreness has returned, which means, surprise surprise, I'm very stressed. We are currently in the midst of (undisclosable) change at work, but we're nowhere near close to the end. I'm excited about the change, but there's a lot of work to get from here to "there" so I'm expecting more days of tension aches.

Soooo, I figured now was as good a time as any to make a list of my favorite stress relievers:

    a tall bottle of JW Dundee honey brown lager or glass of Stella Artois Belgian beer (which I can't have right now because of my back meds)
    a nice, hot bath
    a good murder mystery book
    pretty much any movie, although B horror (the kind that makes you laugh inappropriately) is my fav
    playing with the kitties
    cuddling on the couch with Hay
    a trip to a museum, amusement park, zoo, or the ocean
    cooking a meal then eating the results :)
    eating a meal that Hay cooked for me

Soooo (take 2), I guess this serves as a reminder to me of how to relieve my stress until spring when my most favorite outdoor stress relievers –– gardening and mowing the lawn –– can resume, at which time my passion of bird and flower photography can also resume. Yippy!

No comments: