Friday, February 17, 2006

Somebody's watchin' me

Whenever I am doing the following activities I get a sense that I am being watched by close-circuit camera, so I try to ham it up a bit:
  • taking a shower alone
      ham activity: try to move around seductively and bat my eyelashes

  • singing in the car alone
      ham activity: change pitch/keys to show my voice range, sing all the words with clear enunciation very loudly and with a smile on my face

  • eating alone at restaurants
      ham activity: look around at everyone without really looking, eat slowly, look like I'm having fun, read the menu with a furrowed brow

  • going to the movies alone
      ham activity: choose an aisle seat in the middle of the theater to show that I am not ashamed to be alone, laugh heartily or gasp loudly as called for by the events on the screen

  • walking down the street alone
      ham activity: wear a purpose-drive expression on my face, keep a brisk yet somehow leisurely pace, read something with a furrowed brow, continually check the time on my imaginary watch

(Have you noticed a pattern yet? :) No one has ever admitted to filming my activities, but it definitely makes solo activities seem much more interesting if I assume I am being observed.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Tarney said...

Hysterical!

I applaud your use of the the furrowed brow in more than one instance.

melissa said...

Big Brother, man. He's all around us...

Well...maybe not in the shower. But still...

:D

Mair said...

I second the motion on the furrowed brow! Maybe it's directly proportionate to how engaged we are in our lives. I can see this being a good graph.