Wednesday, February 08, 2006

2046 with an AI on top

Hay and I watched half of 2046 last night which we've actually had in the house since the end of December but kept putting off the viewing of it. It is a Chinese film, so subtitles, but it's freakin' A steamy. I love to listen to the male lead (Tony Leung Chiu Wai) speak because he has a strange accent I've not heard before in all my experiences of spoken Chinese, but also because he has this flirty way of ending his sentences by carrying over his words for a bit, with a playful tone. Anyway, I think you'll have to just see it to get what I'm saying, but he's what Hay referred to as "a real man's man" -- lots of lady callers, and when he finds someone special to be his main girlfriend he refuses to get close to her, and at every opportunity where she tells him she wants more he makes it clear that won't be happening. (Ziyi Zhong was incredible as Bai Ling, even I wanted to do it with her, and my heart broke for her when Chow Mo Wan rejected her.) I physically hurt from this. I felt like he was talking to me, because I've had this experience several times in life before, and it just made me tear up and be angry but not have any way of resolving that anger. I expressed this feeling to Hay and, the wonderful man that he is, he cuddled with me to make me feel better and assured me that he would never do that to me. How I went from falling for the bad guys to ending up with the best guy in my whole universe is truly beyond me...

I'm very much looking forward to the second half of 2046 tonight. There was a lot of passion and full out raw and wild sex scenes (sans frontal nudity, but it was still H-O-T-ness!) and I'm wondering where the film could possibly go from there.

We stopped 2046 so we could watch the Boston American Idol auditions, and I was glad to see a different door than I'd always seen before in all the other auditions. I did always wonder how the contestants left the big room with a "golden ticket" in their hands, but last night I finally caught a glimpse of an exit room after the audition room, which confuses me because when Mike/Clay Aiken Jr. left to go pee then came back there was only the audition room behind that door. I wish they'd do a behind the scenes of AI so we could more understand the flow of the audition process. I guess I'll just have to lie about my age and go to an audition next year.

No comments: