Friday, February 17, 2006

No squirrel poems

Not surprising, and embarrasingly so, all of my poems from that college poetry class were about sex with my roommate at the time except a boring one about my best guy friend in college and this one, which is about a rabbit (not a squirrel, sorry to disappoint everyone including me):
    Villanelle du lapin

    She walks the floor, her cautious eyes aware
    of me. She turns her head and sees the way
    my hand is dancing on the hallway stair.

    She sits and wonders, thinking “do I dare?”
    She runs to me and bats my hand in play;
    she walks the floor, her cautious eyes aware.

    My hand continues dancing as the hare
    begins to strike at me again, But hey,
    my hand is dancing on the hallway stair

    and if I didn't want to pay the fare
    I shouldn't tease the bunny on this day.
    She walks the floor, her cautious eyes aware.

    I start to move my hand away from where
    it rests but Bunny wants my hand to stay!
    My hand is dancing on the hallway stair.

    And so I lay my hand with utmost care
    upon the bunny's cozy nest of hay.
    She walks the floor, her cautious eyes aware:
    my hand is dancing on the hallway stair.

I have no recollection of what this poetry style is really called, but it should be called dog-freakin'-awful-yo poetry. Just terrible.

If you want some good poetry you should encourage Bdogg to post hers! You can tell from her pout* that she has a true gift, even though she plays like she's bad at it. Doesn't her mouth in this photo kinda remind you of TJ? Yah, I knew you thought so, too!

---
*Please click that link so you'll realize why she's making that face. It has to do with patience, and she's adorable. :)

1 comment:

P'nut said...

I adore that pic of B!