Thursday, September 29, 2005

L-unch!

Do you know what I had for lunch today? I know you wanna know. I thought it was such a great lunch that I took photos. My co-workers think I'm insane, nothing new there.

sammy-out
sammy on the out: 10-grain bread, dill pickle on the side


sammy-in
sammy on the in: regular mayo, swiss cheese, red onion, green peppers,
banana peppers, and one tomato directly in the middle please
(yes, I'm Sally :)


This is my favorite sandwich, although I will claim my favorite is a BLT with just bacon and cheese and mayo. If you clicked the Sally link you're probably thinking the same thing as I am: "There's a broadway musical based on the movie? Huh!"

6 comments:

kris said...

Are you selling these? Shipping them overnight?

Ally said...

Yes please, put me on the list to ship to :).

Poppy said...

O - EGGGG-zacally.

Kris and Ally - I didn't make it, a sandwich shop in town did, but I'm sure I could recreate it. Only problem is that I know a shoestring french fry turns moldy in the mail, so I am quite certain that this sammy would too. Yicky. :p

bdogg_mcgee said...

OMG I am so Sally. My husband is constantly amazed at me. Every time we go to a restaurant I usually end up ordering something that is usually in or on the meal either omitted or on the side.

I'm not as anal as she is though. I don't have my movies alphabetized and on index cards.

Ally said...

I am probably going to regret asking this, but HOW exactly do you know that fries go mouldy in the mail? :).

Poppy said...

Ally, it's a really long story, but I like long stories so here goes:
When I was 16 I was dating a no good loser so my mom sent me to religious music camp for the summer. I hated it. I like singing, but I'm not into worshipping with a bunch o' fakies or into singing songs about God. So, I pretty much cried the entire time. Somehow I managed to make one friend, I think because I felt bad for her that my camp roommates were trash talking her while we were all in the same room with her trying to sleep.

After camp we exchanged addresses. She kept sending me envelopes filled with stationery, stickers, and envelopes (I guess so I'd write her back). In one of our exchanges I told her I like french fries. She lived in NJ, I lived in New England. She mailed me a single, solitary shoestring potato wrapped in aluminum foil, sealed in an envelope with a letter explaining her "gift" to me.

It was very green when it arrived. And soggy. But tasty!

(OK, I'm just kidding about that last sentence. It was icky tasting. OK, I didn't really taste it, but it smelled really horrible.)