Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Aaarrrrrrrrr(gh)

TLAPD

So, yesterday was International Talk Like A Pirate Day. I totally missed it cuz of busy work and home life, but luckily my favorite pirate-loving blogger, Poster, and my favorite bad-ass politichick, Moxie, did not forget to celebrate.

In belated honor, I submit to you the top 25 things to say at the office during Pirate Day:
    25> "No cover sheet on your expense report? Prepare yerself to be walking the plank, matey."
    24> "Hop to it, dogs: Thar be leftover catering booty in the break room for plunderin'."
    23> "Sixteen men an' a copier mess -- yo, ho, ho and a bottle of toner."
    22> "Avast, men! Get a telescope full of the doubloons on *that* vessel."
    21> "I'll be keelhaulin' the next one of ye what leaves ye filthy Tupperware in the break room sink!"
    20> "Arrr, matey, have your parrot call my parrot and we'll one day partake of noontime grub together."
    19> "No, Bob Dess, I will not 'shiver your timbers.' I will, however, call my attorney."
    18> "To arms, me lads! The spoils of the snack machine shall be ours, to each in a fortieth share!"
    17> "Me cell phone fell deep into Davy Jones' locker Nobody flush... I'll go get me hook."
    16> "Save that last donut for me, unless ya care to feel the cold steel of my hook hand up yer arse, matey."
    15> "Be that a peg leg, or arrr ye just happy to cast yer eyes upon me?"
    14> "Fax ahoy, mateys!"
    13> "Avast! A Team Builders meeting off our schedule's port bow! Scuttle yer productivity, mateys, and prepare to be bored-ed!"
    12> "No increase in me pay? Arrr, boss, let me tell ye where ye can store that hook!"
    11> "Hold that elevator, ye whoreson bilge rat!"
    10> "Ye bent my ear with yer lubberly questions WITHOUT tryin a reboot first? Arrr! It's the plank for you, ye mangy cur... and thank ye for calling Microsoft Tech Support!"
    9> "Arrr, load the Canon, wench, and collate me copies!"
    8> "Avast, ya scurvy knave! Brave be ye, for certain, but arrr ye willin' ta die fer that parking spot?"
    7> "Twenty paces past the Magic Fountain of Water... bear ye left past the Chamber of Meetings... and a minute's voyage down the Great Carpeted Hallway... the unisex bathroom'll be on yer port side."
    6> "Aye, if it's a large treasure chest and amazin' booty ye seek, fix yer gaze upon the receptionist."
    5> "Boss, I'll be borrowin' a coupla doubloons from petty cash fer some Ho Ho's and a bottle of rum."
    4> "Aaaarrrrrghhh! Who among us floated the air mead?"
    3> "Arrr! I've arrr!anged for Arrr!lene in arrr!chives to send up that arrr!ticle on arrr!bitration."
    2> "Avast, ye demon copy machine! Taste the wrath of my arse!"
    1> "Arrr, I have made note of yer demands and I have but one question for ye: Will ye be wantin' slivers o' potato fried in the popular French style with that?"

4 comments:

acw said...

Yarr? Avast?

Shiver me timbers!

Poppy said...

Me favorite letter be RRRRRRRRRRRR!!! RRRRRR!!!! hehehehehe.

Elizabeth said...

Hilaaaaaarrrrrrrrrious.

Poppy said...

Hehehehehehe. I just got that one, Iopine. :) Took me two times of viewing your comment. I'm not a very good pirrrrrrrrraaaaate (<-dyslexic aaarrrr :)