Friday, September 16, 2005

Tongue bath

Last night I went to a tea shop with my cousin and her live-in beau. After tea we went back to their place so I could see their kitty Lola again and to meet their new kitty.

Lola:
DSC00038

New kitty:
DSC00039

New kitty's name is Colonel McSomething-or-other, I clearly can't be bothered with details, but I like to call him Commander. Dunno why. Anyway, Commander has been living with Cousin and Beau for about three weeks now and has a very beneficial quirk:

DSC00040

He likes to lick dirty feet until they're clean. Perhaps he should be renamed Sir Licks-a-lot? (Yah, I know, har har, I'm soooo freakin' funny.)

I put the camera away because I was feeling pretty voyeuristic, but Lola and Commander were at one point sparring because they were trying to decide who gets to lick the other - Lola wanted to lick Commander's head, but Commander wanted to lick Lola's head. It was adorable!

I finally left a little after 8pm, on the way out asking about photos on the wall, but then I finally just had to say "okay, don't tell me, I'll stay another 15 minutes!" and I walked out the door. I'm so awkward about leaving...

4 comments:

Mel said...

Oh my, Lola and Commander are such cuties!

And the sparing thing? Yeah, my cats do that all the time!

Don't cha just love kitties? :)

kris said...

Listen not to O. He doesn't get the looooove we have for the little ones.

I love the name Commander! They need to change it. Your variation on the name is much better. :)

B said...

My black and white licks the arm of the leather recliner. I think she might be learning impaired. Stopped by to say that my blog has moved (Age Ventures) and that I have added a long-overdue link to yours on my blogroll. By the way, when I want a pick-me-up, I just come here :-).

bdogg_mcgee said...

We have four cats--one of mine has the same coloring as Commander (except he's a bobtail) and he LOVES to lick you. He'll lick your leg, your arm, sometimes your face if you let him.

And both of my husband's cats will get in the shower with you if you let them! After we get out though, they like to rub against your wet legs. Kitties are funny