Monday, September 12, 2005

Fall library book reading, 10 days early

First book first because it's new so due back in 2 weeks:

Alex Garland wrote 28 Days Later so I'm expecting The Coma to creep me right out the door. Looking forward to it! The other books aren't due for a few months so I'll have time to read them at a leisurely pace. Aaaaahhhhh, bubble baths... :)

PS - A friend suggested King Leopold's Ghost which reminds me that I love non-fiction books, as long as they're sordid and not too (stuffy?). If you have suggestions for non-fiction please drop me a comment. Or, even ideas for fiction! I love to read!

8 comments:

acw said...

Me Talk Pretty One Day is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Great choices so far.

Poppy said...

JN - Mark's, Ann's, and Marya's books are from your suggested list. :)

Mistake Master said...

Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight...

Great book

Lisa said...

I might have to add a couple of yours to my list.

Trying to think of things to suggest, but with the exception of the Chronicles of Narnia, I'm mostly reading stuffy, depressing books about the decline of civilization (Collapse), welfare moms (American Dream), and genocide (Machete Season).

Anonymous said...

Also: Fraud, by David Rakoff. You'll love his witty prose.

Poppy said...

OH MY GOODNESS. You all are making me giddy. More, more! I am so excited to stuff all the words of these books into my little head! Whee!

kris said...

I always read books 8 years after they are popular. What's the buzz on the Secret Life of Bees?