Friday, September 30, 2005

William Bennett should not be allowed to speak

I was carpooling with the Mr. this morning and heard Howard Stern say that William Bennett is quoted as saying that one way to reduce crime in America is to abort all black babies. My jaw hit the floor. I didn't believe it. I don't know who this guy is, but that was just so wrong, hurtful, hateful. Howard then played a clip of William saying the words out loud. He said it wasn't his own theory, he didn't specifically say that he thought it was a good idea, but even to continue to speak of such a theory is grossly irresponsible and shows just how little progress we all have made in the arena of equality, particularly in the areas of race and class (he specifically refers to economics). I realize in writing this post I allow the theory to reach more people, but I want to warn those who have been brainwashed by his best selling virtues books of his real agenda.

You disgust me, Sir.

1 comment:

Mel said...

??

What?? Is this serious?

In shock. Totally in shock.

What an ignorant asshole.