Monday, September 05, 2005

I'm having a heart attack, I'm having a ... heart attack*

I went outside earlier to take pictures of the pumpkin (yes, we've decided it definitely is a pumpkin), the wildflower beds, and the new bed Mr. Poppy carved out yesterday that we will be planting this week. When I was over at the pumpkin patch I saw a spindly web, but didn't see the spider to go with it.

web
The spindly web

I walked around the wildflowers, around the dahlias, around the humming bird wildflower bed, around the new bed, back to the humming bird bed. As I was taking more pictures of the clematis in that bed I suddenly felt something moving on my left leg near my KNEE. I looked down, saw and felt nothing so I continued to figure out a new angle before taking the shot, then I felt the creepy crawling again. I grabbed at my pants and I FELT SOMETHING MOVING!!!! I grabbed that area of my pants and crushed and smooshed and freaked. I hobbled over to the deck while holding onto the squirmy area and yelled for Husband to come to my rescue.

Hubby opened the door, I popped through then started crying and said "help, help help, help me take my pants off!!!" We finally got my pants off. He looked at my leg, saw nothing. Husband shook my pants, nothing. I walked around the house freaking until I could calm down. Had I made up the creepy crawly situation? I looked inside the pants one more time and found some brown stain in several spots on the area of the pants that had felt squirmy. Mr. P suggested that it was from when I bled from scratching myself raw from skeeter bites, but I explained that I had never worn these pants before (they were purchased a few weeks back, but stayed in the drawer) and that I did not have any bites on that side of my leg. SO THERE REALLY WAS SOMETHING CRAWLING AROUND THERE!! ACK!!!!

pants-stain
The pants


pants-stain-closeup
A closeup of the stains from the creepy crawler

And, you know I feel bad for smooshing it because I don't like killing anything, so instead of being glad that I killed it I'm remorseful about it.

*TMBG Fingertips lyric.

2 comments:

Mair said...

Yay! TMBG! But sad about the bug grossness. =(

Mair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.