Sunday, September 18, 2005

Ripley learns the benefits of fresh water

Back a few years ago the furry kids consisted of Little Kitty, Allie, and the new addition of Ripley. Our girl Allie was a very unhappy camper. She doesn't particular care for change, so when we adopted Ripley from the local shelter Allie was pissed. She hid on top of the cabinets in the kitchen until that one fateful day when Ripley was finally enough past her gawky teenage period where she could actually make the jump onto the counter, then onto the fridge, then onto the cabinets. Allie was outraged and would never go on the cabinets again. Being the caring parent that I am, I tried to give Allie something new that was completely her own, and that something happened to be drinking from the kitchen faucet. It's something she chose and to this day Mr. Poppy or I turn on the water for Allie every morning and almost every night.

DSC00054

Ripley is a little disturbed by the addition of Georgia, who has just recently figured out not only how to climb on top of the fridge to eat Ripley's crunchie treat (which, by the way, Georgie is allergic to - it makes her ralph all over the place because of an apparent salmon allergy) and this week decided to go that extra step up onto the cabinets. Ripley is pissed, just like Allie was when Ripley learned the trick, so in her little kid way she has decided to take out her aggression on Allie by learning Allie's water trick. Except Ripley does it a little differently:

DSC00019

DSC00023

DSC00028

Garden photos coming soon. I have to steal time in between coats of paint to choose and resize the pics!

4 comments:

Ally said...

I am so pleased that someone else treats their kitties as if they are human. I am sure my family all think I'm a bit crazy when I ramble on about Mrs Three Leg's preference for cheese and onion crisps and how Simpkin likes to sleep on the right side of the bed :).

Ripley is the same beautiful tortie colours as my old Daisy who passed away earlier in the year ...

Renee said...

I just love your kitty's! So pretty!:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, this set is so adorable I want to reach out and hug them. AAH! The cuteness is killing me!

bdogg_mcgee said...

Ripley looks just like my Annabelle!

And ours LOVE to drink out of the faucet as well. We used to have one of those kitty fountains that recirculated water around and around but those kind of get gross after a while....

I have pics of my babies on my blog!