Saturday, September 10, 2005

Designated driver

Yesterday after a crazy and frustrating day which ended in last minute completion of all the day's tasks (I seriously have no idea how I pulled it off) I left work a bit early and picked up Roger's wife for a little TLC night. We went to a local pub with a bunch of my co-workers for drinks and dinner, then three of us went to a great tea shop for...yah, tea! I had Masala tea which was billed as "intoxicating" but I think they just meant the aroma so I dared to drink it even though I was the designated driver. Since my co-worker paid for tea I handed S the money that everyone had given me to pay for the evening and told S to use at least half of it on herself, and the other half on care package items for Roger (she insisted). I doubt S was drunk by the end of the evening, since she just had a shot before I picked her up then one drink at the pub, but I wanted her to just have a fun time with no pressures, and I think that goal was achieved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was sweet of you, Poppy. I'm sure she had an awesome time.

Poppy said...

:)