Monday, June 13, 2005

I smell chicken

It's 10:30am on a Monday. It's not lunchtime, yet I smell rotisserie chicken. My poor husband has to listen to me tell anyone who asks that I don't like chicken, but that's not true. I just don't like the tendons and the bloody bits, and when I get a mouthful of chicken bone. I like white meat only, the dark meat makes me feel shame.

deliRotisserieChicken2


I have read that crazy people will smell scents that other people don't smell, which perhaps explains the chicken smell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand that. I think mangos are disgusting things myself. Alongside their perfume-like order there is the unmistakable stench of rotten eggs. Eeeeewwwww!

P'nut said...

Oh, thank god I'm not alone. I am forever smelling things that others don't. It never lasts for long, maybe two or three inhalations and then it's gone... I just chalked it up to me craving something but I don't think that's it because sometimes it's not even an item I would want to eat.

Poppy said...

P'nut, I hate to break it to you, but that just means you're crazy like me. ;) I'll join you in the nuthouse and we can play pretend blogging together. Hehe.