Wednesday, June 15, 2005

____ is as ____ does

Maybe the blank should read: "grumpy", or: "foolish".

I was suckered into teaching a workshop. I am doing research for this workshop today and suddenly had a ridiculously unfounded thought that someone was trying to steal my identity. It's more common than you might think.

I also handed cash to someone I don't know today who did not give me a paid-in-full receipt (he gave me a receipt that showed the balance that I owed before I gave him the cash today), and the whole thing feels shady. Hate that feeling. I don't trust him not to pocket the money. I sent messages to the accountant and the office manager with a backhanded complaint about the transaction. I signed a piece of paper that says the balance is still due, and I feel uncomfortable with that.

After this happened someone I don't particularly care for tried to flaunt something in my face, and instead of pretending to be fake-ass nice girl and say "isn't that wonderful for you!?" I used my "back the fuck off" voice to tell her I didn't care. I then almost trampled over two people who were walking very slowly but side-by-side so that I could not get past them. Now I'm sitting in my office just stewing.

I'm blaming the coffee.

No comments: