Friday, June 10, 2005

T-Shirt Hell president poisoned!

I cannot believe this!!!! This morning I got a newsletter message from T-Shirt Hell. The president of the company said he was poisoned:
A Word from the President of T-Shirt Hell:

Many of you wondered if there was "another" reason I took, 'Worse than Hell'
down; who suspected something else must have been up. Well you were
right. You may have heard over the last week or so via CNN or other news
outlets that I was poisoned and believe it was done by someone who was
offended by the shirts I create
(clicky). For the safety of my family and employees, I took the section down.

After realizing that I could not live my life in fear and that I could not
live with myself for going against my core principles about freedom of
speech, I've decided to take the chance and bring back the shirts that
pushed the boundaries of public acceptance. With my family, friends and
employees backing my decision... it was a no brainer.

So... to all you jackasses that thought we sold out and to all the haters
who are jealous that my 1 mile long cock is more powerful than yours,
fasten your seat belts and get ready for return of the sickest, craziest,
funniest and most offensive shirts ever created. We have all of your
favorites, plus we have brought back a slew of shirts you thought you'd
never see again. A big fuck you to the people who tried to shut us up.
You'll have to do better, bitches. If I have to die in the name of free
speech and over funny t-shirts, well... prepare my grave now.

In his last message to his loyal fans he said he was taking down "Worse than Hell". I thought that was a little weird, but didn't think too much more about it.

I just did a Google search and found this article from Maximum Ink:
EBAY SUES T-SHIRT HELL: Ebay filed a Cease and Desist order on in late October to stop www.tshirthell.com from selling an “I bought Christopher Reeve’s chair on Ebay” shirt. Aaron Landau Schwarz, president of the Las Vegas based company, vows to keep selling the shirt. In fact, he put it on the website’s home page. “T-Shirt Hell is not just a business,” Schwarz said, “We’re a beacon of free speech and will continue to do what we do...shine like a beacon.” Schwarz and his council are still in negotiations with Dual Star Entertainment, ‘parent’ company of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, which is serving a similar order for an “I fucked the Olsen Twins before they were famous” shirt. T-Shirt Hell is the most visited T-shirt site on the net with over 75,000 unique visitors per day

I emailed my best wishes to him. That's nuts. People, no need to try to kill one another over a t-shirt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that guy's got balls.