Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Pulling up weeds

Did you want to go live in Canada? Because, over there, you can just pop a Cannabis pill to make your troubles go away:
Cannabis-based painkiller available in Canada
Multiple sclerosis patients eligible for prescription

TORONTO, Ontario (AP) -- A cannabis-based painkiller for multiple sclerosis patients went on sale Monday in Canada, the first country to approve the spray derived from the marijuana plant.

Sativex can now be obtained by prescription through Canadian pharmacies, Bayer HealthCare announced Monday. Bayer markets the drug in Canada for British drug company GW Pharmaceuticals, which developed the drug.

Health Canada, the federal agency that oversees medical care for Canadians, announced in April it had approved Sativex, made from components derived from the cannabis plant that have been shown to ease pain.

Medical professionals welcomed the availability.

Rest of the article

I don't do the drugs, never have, never even been offered (no, that's not an invite) so I'm just not getting too excited about this, but I did think it was interesting... The photo with the article is a big old Mary Jane leaf.

3 comments:

c said...

I'm with you (never done drugs, don't want to). We're intrigued because it seems like the Candadian actually LIKES it's people.

What a concept.

c said...

Make that the "Candadian government".

Jeez.

This is what happens when one of the cats is sitting almost directly on my arms while I'm trying to compose a comment.

Poppy said...

The joy of kitties. Georgie loves to sit on my keyboard while I type. Allie and Ripley love to walk on my husband's keyboard when he's gaming. That really ticks him off...