Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Did you need to be freaked out today?

Boffins create zombie dogs
SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.boffinpup

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.
Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre. (Rest)

I'm askared. This is so Pet Sematary

Now for something happy instead: Stuff On My Cat!

DOWN

(Doesn't that look just like Ripley?! It's not her, though.)

11 comments:

kris said...

my cat looked like that last night. not the cute one on the bottom, the freaky one up top.

Anonymous said...

SO OPPOSED to animal testing. It's just my thing. >:(

Poppy said...

When I was in HS my frosh English teacher taught us about vivisection. I expected to become a hard core animal rights activist, but my school basically discouraged that and I was too scared to fight that system. So, basically I educate one-on-one, donate to many organizations that help animals, and volunteer at my local shelter when my life allows it. I'm with you on the animal testing opposition. My kitties are my kids, so why would I want experiments done on them against their will?!

Anonymous said...

Are you missing a twin?!

Helen said...

About that zombie dog, what the ____!
Peace.........

c said...

My question is:

What the hell are "boffins"??

P'nut said...

Gah! Clicky linky no worky for P'nut!! Must... see... stuff... on... cats....

Poppy said...

P'nut, try going directly to it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10083280@N00/14231603/

Works for me...?

Poppy said...

S, we are long lost twins, I am sure of it. Were you adopted? I look exactly like my parents, so if you're not adopted I can't explain why our brains are shared.

Anonymous said...

I'm not that I know of, unless the "nurture" side of the debate is the correct side. I'm exactly like my mom, except about 6 inches taller. There was once a time when I wished I was, though.

Hm.

Poppy said...

A boffin is one who is engaged in scientific or technical research. Who knew?! (Probably anyone who's a scientist, but I do technical research and I wouldn't say I'm a boffin... I might now, though! Hey, I'm a boffin! Woohoo!)

Definition here.