Thursday, June 30, 2005

Celebrities masquerading as commoners

The Microsoft Man was 45 minutes late. Some flippant comment about not being able to find us. But, when I looked up at his face he bore a striking resemblance to a younger Tim Robbins (dreamy), and his voice was a dead ringer.

How am I supposed to be mad at Tim? Sure, he was chewing gum, and talking like a good ole boy, but that just made me more intrigued by him. I listened to every word he had to say, since he was sitting directly next to me. I asked him a question, and it was like a slow motion event. I watched him watch me ask the question. I know words were coming out of my mouth, I heard them, but he just stared at me. Then, someone asked another question and I composed myself, waiting for that question to be answered, and I cut back in to ask my question and he talked to me, he actually talked to me!! *swoon* We finally broke for lunch, then after lunch was the technical discussion so the room basically emptied out except three of us plus The Microsoft Tim Robbins. So, rather than feeling awkward and continuing to sit next to him I sat across from him. Much better, then I could just look up and get a dose of eye candy, thank you very much. I felt much more comfortable commenting and asking questions for the rest of the discussion.

Okay, enough babbling about how I have the hots for MSTR. The point of my post is that I've seen other people in life who look so much like a celebrity that I fantasize that these are really the celebrities doing research for a part or, even better, take a day job when they're between projects. I once had a phlebotomist who looked exactly like Natasha Lyonne. I almost told her, but she was about to poke me with a needle to take my blood, so I really didn't want to distract her from that. I also once had the pleasure of being served by a Lisa Loeb look-alike at a local high-end restaurant. I'm sure I've seen more celebrity look-alikes in my daily grind, just don't remember them all. I do, however, remember every time I've met a real celebrity. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be wary of anyone who looked like Natasha Lyonne coming at me with a needle! Oof.

Poppy said...

She was drawing blood to check me for a hereditary illness, for which I am negative (yippy!), but I was very freaked out about her drawing my blood. I don't like my blood drawn in the first place, but I've never seen ?Natasha play a particularly responsible character, and her celebrity life persona mirrors that. (Remember that she threatened to sexually molest her neighbor's dog? Yah, that's not right. That's against my principles. That's disturbing. Okay, purge purge purge. Yuck!

c said...

One of the doctors at the medical imaging place I went to on Friday looked just like John Lithgow. The doctors' pictures were all over the waiting room and several of us commented on how much this guy looked like John Lithgow.

If I ever meet a civilian who looks like Ewan McGregor, my husband's in trouble.

Anonymous said...

I guess I take that back what I said earlier - I think you'd be safe around Natasha and a needle. She doesn't look like she shares her smack with others. She no play nicey. And the whole dog thing is just sick and sad and chock full o' wrongness. Natasha and a dog is way more believable than Tom and Katie, though, SICK as that is.
**boot**

Anonymous said...

PS: glad you're okay!!

Helen said...

I saw Tim Robbins up close and personal at a movie premier in Manhattan. What a doll! Shawshank is my favorite movie of all time.
Peace...........

Poppy said...

Yes, pardoning the scenes where is character is being brutally violated, The Shawshank Redemption is one of my top 10 favorites.