Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A tough week

On Friday my co-workers and I are having our final farewell toast to our friend Roger who is leaving the States for his tour of duty in Iraq. For the first five toasts we had in Roger's honor he was training in Mississippi and California. On Friday we will actually see him for the first time since he left for training in March, and then we won't see him again for quite some time. I have no idea how I will react when I see him on Friday, but I'm a very sensitive person in general so I expect to cry uncontrollably...

I'm foolishly watching TLC's Operation Homecoming and choking up over strangers. Roger is not a stranger.

rogcrop


He is a colleague, a friend, a part of my family. I'm going to miss him very much, just a fact.

2 comments:

The Humanity Critic said...

A good friend of mine is over in Iraq and it is a definite bummer.

kris said...

I'm sorry he will be so far away.

So interesting that we do these things to our emotions; I watch TLC's Baby Story and Wedding Story obsessively at a time of the month when I shouldn't. Really masochistic.