Friday, June 24, 2005

Little kids with fake British accents

This evening I went to a play performed by kids aged 4 through ...oh, let's say 17. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen! Some of the kids used a British accent (strangely enough, only about 5 of the 25-30 kids did the accent) and their fake accent was just so damn cute I wanted to pinch their cheeks. The show was hilarious, charming, touching, and spectacular. I think it's time to have kids so that I can have kids in plays and have a legitimate reason for showing up to a kid's play rather than feeling awkward by saying I know one of the adults behind the scenes. :)

I am astounded that these kids could remember such complex lines. The play was an hour, and some of the kids were in all 10 scenes, so had a lot of lines! Of course, there were adults feeding lines when the kids lost their place, but even when the kids messed up it was adorable!!

OK, back to lounging on the couch after a long day. Please, if you have a story about little kids acting in plays leave me a comment about it. Little kids are just so cute!!

No comments: