Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Conspiracy Theory

My husband and I are currrently conspiring via IM about the TomKat relationship. He thinks Tom's publicist owed Katie's publicist a favor. OR, the deal is that if he helps promote Batman Begins he'll get a ton more money for his next movie.

We watched Katie on David Letterman last night (an episode from last week) and she could never answer a question straightforwardly. "Are you in love with Tom Cruise?" .... *long pause* (through gritted teeth) "I'm smiling, aren't I?"

Despite our disgust with this mockery, we want to see both Batman and War of the Worlds in the theater, which is a big deal for us because we watch 99.5% of all movies only when they've gone to DVD.

3 comments:

kris said...

i haven't felt my skin crawl about something like this since lisa marie and michael.

i can't figure out why they get on my nerves so badly, but indeed they do.

c said...

Ew, ew, ew, they make me SO uncomfortable. It seems so contrived and artificial.

Anonymous said...

I must admit I am a terrible conspiracy theorist. However, I think this TomKat this is the most bogus load of bullshit I have ever heard! She looks like his childbride standing next to him. I am guessing the charade will reveal itself in 6 months or so....