Friday, June 17, 2005

Friggidy

Do I need to repeat myself? Maybe:
PARIS, France (AP) -- Actor Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise, speaking at a Paris news conference with Holmes, said: "Yes, I proposed to her."

The couple often shared smiles and blushes as Cruise turned to look at her, with a massive diamond ring on her finger.

"It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven't slept at all," he said. "Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman."

Asked why he chose the famed Paris landmark, he said: "I've never been to the Eiffel Tower. It's Paris, it's a beautiful city, it's very romantic." le rest.

Translation: "I tethered Katie to the Eiffel tower then threw her over the edge and told her she had to marry me or I'd cut the rope. She said YES! She likes me, she REALLY REALLY LIKES ME!"

Gaaahh...

22973400_F_store


That's it, I'm joining the cause.

7 comments:

c said...

BARF.

Yes, I read this just a few minutes ago, and the first thought that crossed my mind was, "How PREDICTABLE can he be?" The top of the Eiffel tower, seriously, ANYONE can do that. He's TOM CRUISE for cyring out loud! He could have rented out a COUNTRY and he chose the Eiffel tower?

Sheesh.

Poppy said...

Virtual bets only, NO real money exchange hands.

The options are:

1. Katie fizzles into a pile of goo and drops out of the limelight a la Dana from Diff'rent Strokes (she committed suicide, so let's hope not)

2. Katie is so brainwashed that a nice big white wedding happens, without incident, and all live happily ever after.

3. Katie is so brainwashed that a nice big white wedding happens, but Nicole goes berzerk, busts in, and pulls a "Kill Bill" on the wedding party.

4. Katie goes berzerk and Kills Tom then herself.

5. Tom goes berzerk and Kills Katie then himself.

6. Other - you specify.

(Remember: there are NO happy endings in Hollywood.)

Poppy said...

And I'll be the first to post a #6: The "FREE KATIE" coalition busts into the white wedding, rescues Katie a la "Princess Bride" and we (errrr, they!) live happily ever after on a Kabutz.

c said...

6. No wedding date is set, the big blockbuster movies come out, makes loads of money for everyone involved, Tomatie (I could have read that somewhere, but until someone else takes credit for it, I'm totally naming it as my own creation) slowly eases out of the limelight, and we are all surprised by news of the amicable break-up near Christmastime. Or sooner.

And then Katie goes to a confession that lasts for HOURS.

Anonymous said...

That is so scary. I almost did that with the crazy French guy after a few weeks. But then, I really wanted/needed to be loved. It was so unhealty and I can't imagine this being any better. Look at what he did to Nicole! She did not see that coming, and he tried to make sure she didn't get half by filing for divorce right before their 10th. And Penelope for 2 years, but no talk of marriage...That man is making my brain hurt.

Anonymous said...

I got $5 fake dollars on #6! And I will be sporting the free Katie shirt when it happens.

WendyCity Productions said...

They are MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!