Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dive bomber

dragonfly-v


This "little" guy did not want me anywhere near him so he kept flying straight at me then returning to the post. I was just trying to feed the birds and squirrels because they were out of food. I spent 15 minutes tiptoeing around this dragonfly before I told him, "look, I need to put this food out!" and chased him off when he came at me twice more. Oh well. I tried to get along, but he was not havin' it... Reminds me of some people I know. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! JFC, is that an effing pterodactyl??!

**shuddering** Bugs. Gaargh.

Poppy said...

Yah, he's on a 4"x4" post, so that little sucker had about a 2.5 inch wingspan, closer to 3. He was huge.

Joanne said...

I LOVE Dragonflies! So much so I tattooed one on my back. In Alaska the electric blue kind would sometimes land on us while we were at camp if we were very still.